Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shows Canceled Before Their Time

A friend and I were talking the other day, and we got on the subject of canceled TV shows that we miss. Most were shows that had run their course, and, if we felt a longing for them, we could revisit these old friends in reruns in syndication, on DVD's, or on TV Land: M*A*S*H, Seinfeld, Gilligan's Island, I Love Lucy, Night Court, The X Files, Twilight Zone, SG-1, Alias, Star Trek (pick an incarnation), Quantum Leap, Pee-wee's Playhouse, etc.
However, I started thinking of shows that I felt got the axe just as I had gained an attachment to these series. Further, I can't help to wonder what happened to the characters (I miss you, Sidney Bloom):
I'll add more as I think of them.
In an opposite direction, I'm contemplating a list of series that went on a season or so too long, so I'll leave you to consider The X Files, Friends, and the original shark jumper, Happy Days.

No comments: